Asian, Hawaiian-Inspired Food on the Main Line

As we enter the final weeks of classes, stress levels are at an all-time high. Prospective students and their families have seen me when I feel like I’m a mess! I believe it’s important to practice self-care, and also to take breaks. This weekend, self-care meant exploring Bryn Mawr (the town) as well as Ardmore, which is right next to Haverford. On Saturdays, the Blue Bus goes straight to Ardmore’s Suburban Square, which is home to lots of shops, restaurants, and cafes.

I explored Yi’s Boba, a new milk tea place (and the only one on the Main Line, I believe), with friends Kennedy Ellison ’19 and Sujin Kay (HC ’19).

Sujin’s pear tea

Plant aesthetic

There could have been more seating, but it could just be very popular because it’s new. The service and tea was good, and I’ll be back to try their rolled ice cream once the weather warms up! It’s right near the Ardmore Music Hall (note: the Google Maps address is incorrect) and very walkable from Trader Joe’s, Sephora, and Sweetgreen.

The next day, I went to Pho Street, located right off-campus, for some noodles and fried rice with Sydney Kim ’20 and Francesca Caramazza ’20. It reminded us of home (Boston for Sydney and Francesca), and was a nice respite from the daily dining hall grind. The broth was rich and the portions were large.

Pho

Francesca and Sydney by Shipley School on the walk back.

Before graduation, I hope to try the new Hawaiian-inspired poké (pronounced poh-kay) restaurant in Ardmore, PokéOno.

Share your favorite Main Line restaurants in the comments!